Seattle is a world class city
Schools in Seattle
Kaplan International English
Experience trending cafés and great concerts in a student-friendly city!View school details
Seattle that Emerald City ("Emerald City"), an allusion to the greenery in the urban area and the large forests
Seattle has already been voted the “most liveable city” in the USA several times because it is full of contrasts. On the one hand, the city is "green" and trees and water determine the appearance. Outside the city you will find an impressive landscape with untouched wilderness, huge sequoia trees, cascading waterfalls and wild river beds alternating with peaceful mountain meadows and snow-capped mountain peaks that invite you to hike in summer and ski in winter.
Seattle is also one of the most important university cities in the USA, including the University of Washington, the largest contiguous campus on the west coast, and many smaller colleges.
The city is best known in the economic sector as the headquarters of global corporations such as Starbucks, Amazon and Microsoft.
Café culture, outdoor lovers, Jimi Hendrix and Kurt Cobain, what else?
In the city, you are rarely more than a hundred meters from an espresso stand or coffee shop. There is also a huge selection of world-class restaurants and shopping opportunities with well-known brands that have their offices here. Seattle is also proud of its many museums, not to mention the famous Woodland Park Zoo and the Seattle Aquarium.
Those who like to watch sport at a high level will find what they are looking for here: baseball, soccer, basketball and hockey are all on offer, and the Seattle Seahawks were the 2014 Super Bowl winners.
Anyone interested in modern music knows for sure that this is where the new rock music style grunge emerged, with its most famous representatives such as Nirvana, Pearl Jam and Soundgarden. Avant-garde jazz musicians and rappers also come from here.
The ideal time to visit is July - September. The average temperature is then 25 degrees.
650,000, large region 3.4 million
Seattle is about 150 km south of the Canadian border, between 155 km long Puget Sound Bay and Lake Washington.
Arrival / distance
Flight from Europe usually with a stopover in Chicago or Atlanta
Chihuly Glass Museum, Boeing Museum of Flight, Pacific Science Center, Science Fiction Museum, American Automobile Museum, Burke Natural History Museum, Woodland Park Zoo, Seattle Aquarium.
Pike Place Market, Seattle Opera, Pacific Northwest Ballet, Earshot Jazz Festival
Hiking, kayaking, river rafting, climbing, skiing, diving, whale watching
Local music scene, café culture
Fitness center near school
Overview of language stays
- Have people slowly started to like Trump?
- Can be rich, can be ugly
- How did Jesus confront narcissists
- Do IB students have senioritis
- Was more violent in ww1 or ww2
- Alibaba works in Pakistan
- Is there a scholarship in srm
- What is the answer to 5 7
- How can someone stop loathing themselves
- What do you call a forgiving person
- Are accessories considered clothing
- What is a kakistocracy
- Boring is a taste
- Evidence-based practice is good for nursing
- What are the layers on a roof
- How often do you need sex
- What happened to Karen Carpenter
- How is diabetes related to neck pain?
- What do you think of Hardik Pandya
- How to fix dead pixels
- Basketball is big in Japan
- Which website pays off for online teaching
- Do soldiers have the right to freedom
- Which is the cheapest cruise line