Why does Trump defend Michael Flynn
Ex-General lied to the FBI in the Russia affair : Trump wants to pardon his former security advisor Flynn
According to media reports, US President Donald Trump wants to pardon his former National Security Advisor Michael Flynn before the end of his term in office. This was reported by the "New York Times" and the news website "Axios" on Tuesday, citing anonymous sources.
Trump is said to have told confidants that he wanted to pardon Flynn and other people while he was still in office, it said, citing people familiar with the matter.
Flynn was a central figure in the Russia affair surrounding President Trump.
The ex-general pleaded guilty to lying to the FBI about his contacts with the former Russian ambassador to the United States. The ex-general later withdrew the admission of guilt.
The Justice Department dropped the allegations against Flynn, but the judge responsible initially continued the proceedings anyway. In August, a US federal appeals court finally dismissed Flynn's motion to end the case.
[It remains exciting. With the “Twenty / Twenty” newsletter, our US experts will accompany you every Thursday until the inauguration of the new president. You can register for free here: tagesspiegel.de/twentytwenty.]
The former general had spoken to the then Russian ambassador about the sanctions against Russia in December 2016 - between Trump's election victory and the assumption of office. In February 2017, he resigned as a security advisor after only about three weeks in office. Trump had vehemently defended Flynn over and over again in recent years.
The affair is about the alleged Russian interference in favor of Trump in the US presidential election 2016 as well as the suspicion that employees of the Trump team may have colluded with Moscow. In his almost two-year investigation, special investigator Robert Mueller found insufficient evidence of illegal collusion between the Trump team and Moscow. However, Mueller explicitly did not exonerate the president from the allegation of obstruction of justice. (AFP / Reuters)
- Is Angular a framework or a platform
- What are meiosis cell division notes
- How can I start a sentence?
- Where does morality not come into the picture
- What is the capacity in ITR 1
- Is a BCA a good course
- What is the capital of Jammu
- How safe is Kenya for tourists
- Do you play Minecraft with your kids
- What are some romantic getaways in Illinois
- Can Diane Feinstein be charged?
- How do you make a sleeping bag waterproof?
- Which apps are helpful for children
- Is a chocolate restaurant project profitable
- Which countries still live in agrarian societies
- What is GCD in Python
- Do you like the music of rancid
- How do you leave the military early?
- Are hugs downright human
- What are some data governance tools
- Which metal element can be cut
- Which cloud service is the cheapest?
- What's your rating of LabVIEW
- Why do people believe in capitalism