What are some parasitic infections
Bacterial / parasitic infections
A number of infectious diseases are caused by bacteria. For example, pneumococcal infection can cause serious infections such as pneumonia and meningitis or otitis media. Infection with staphylococci, in turn, can lead to diarrhea, respiratory, skin and soft tissue infections.
Parasites can also cause serious infections. In particular, subtropical and tropical countries are to be named as risk areas. Malaria is one of the most well-known diseases here. The parasitic infection with tapeworms, however, is a global risk. A rare but extremely dangerous parasite disease is alveolar echinococcosis, triggered by the small fox tapeworm.
Vaccination is one of the most effective preventive measures against bacterial pathogens. However, the protection is limited in time depending on the illness and must be refreshed several times in the course of life.
In addition, it is essential in the clinical area as well as in everyday prophylaxis to maintain a certain standard of hygiene in order to prevent infections. Thorough hand washing is still one of the simplest and at the same time best protective measures.
If a person becomes infected with bacteria, antibiotics are usually used. The duration of treatment depends on the type and severity of the disease. Antibiotics have proven to be straightforward and effective drugs.
For more than three decades, the treatment of bacterial infections has been one of the main focuses at GlaxoSmithKline. The development of broad-spectrum penicillins was only made possible by research results from our laboratories.
Antibiotics are curative drugs and are therefore mostly used in short-term therapy. GSK is one of the leading manufacturers of antibiotics. The company's product range includes antibiotics in various classes of substances - suitable for treating a large number of infections with different localization and severity - as well as preparations for treating parasitic infections.
- How good is CSE in SSN
- Why should I offer growth-oriented design
- How soft should baked sweet potatoes be?
- What is the application log
- What is a DBMS query
- Can I take an exam in Sindhi?
- What does IK mean when writing SMS
- How tall is Paul Ryan
- How can I start a sentence?
- Have you ever been addicted to love
- How do I add Adsense and SEO
- Why do people look at you
- What are six common characteristics of religion
- Should America stop sponsoring Puerto Rico
- Do you have to exercise
- Can you compare apples to oranges?
- Is KFC owned by Pepsi
- Who is zayed in Dubai
- What are Sartre's most interesting ideas
- How does movement affect decision-making?
- Does Nike have a soccer team?
- How was socialism in Europe
- Israelis rape Palestinian women
- All cheap foods are good to eat