What's your best rhubarb pie recipe
What a combination: With this rhubarb cake with sprinkles, everything simply fits together. Because the slightly sour, refreshing rhubarb harmonizes perfectly with the luscious, juicy batter and the crispy almond sprinkles. One of our favorite spring cakes 🙂
Even though (or maybe because?) The rhubarb crumble cake is so simple. Sponge mixture, crumble topping: all more or less basic recipes. Is boring Grandma's rhubarb cake from the tray nevertheless not at all. It melts on your tongue. Has a subtle taste of almonds. And for everyone who likes this wonderful aroma even more intensely, I have put a great variant in the recipe tips: a rhubarb cake with amaretti. This makes the rhubarb cake from the tray with sprinkles unbeatable. By the way, you can easily prepare it the day before. The rhubarb sheet cake with sprinkles stays wonderfully fresh and juicy. Because the rhubarb season is unfortunately very short, you shouldn't take too much time to bake it 😉
So: Do you fancy a delicious rhubarb cake with sprinkles? Then turn to the food processor! As I said, I can highly recommend my variant in addition to the basic recipe. Like the rhubarb cake with white chocolate, this variation came about by chance.
Delicious variant of the rhubarb crumble cake
We like to eat Italian amaretti morbid and therefore always have a small supply at home 😉. So why not use the cookies (which you can bake yourself by the way) in crumbles? Those who like marzipan will love the rhubarb cake with amarettini crumble. And everyone else just does the classic one Rhubarb sheet cake with almonds. By the way, you can find all of my recipes with rhubarb here. For example crumble or muffins. Best regards!
Note: I published this post for the first time in 2015 and last updated it in 2021.
Rhubarb cake with sprinkles
- First prepare the crumble. To do this, knead the finely chopped cold butter with the other ingredients briefly with your hands and shape into sprinkles. Put something into the fridge.
- Clean, wash, peel and roughly cut the rhubarb stalks into 1-2 cm pieces. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or grease and dust with flour. Preheat the oven to 175 degrees top and bottom heat.
- For the batter, beat the softened butter with the sugar until frothy. Gradually stir in eggs one at a time. Finally stir in the flour mixed with the baking powder and salt alternately with the milk. The dough should fall from the spoon and tear with difficulty.
- Spread the dough on the baking sheet, smooth it out, gently press in the rhubarb pieces and finally spread the crumble on the cake. Bake for about 40-45 minutes.
- Variant with amareti: The rhubarb cake is particularly delicious with amarettini crumble instead of normal almond crumble. To do this, replace the ground almonds and sugar with 80 grams of soft amaretti, roughly crumbled, and 30 grams of vanilla sugar
You can find this and all other recipes in our APP
- Most cultures in the world are monogamous
- Should we use type hints
- Why not smoke
- What is a FOIA request
- Is there an Iranian who lives in Israel
- What does bodybuilding mean to you
- What is classical math
- How do animals access energy from sunlight
- Philadelphia is a sanctuary city
- What is the roadmap for NEO
- Can be rich, can be ugly
- Why should I buy an iPhone 5c?
- Are there adventures? If so, where
- Is getting married by marriage a trustworthy one?
- Are we the gods of machines
- Does LinkedIn have a venture fund
- Can heal an injury without stitches
- How does carbon affect the atmosphere?
- What is the origin of biological symmetry
- What's the best Vegas hotel
- Should I chew aspirin for faster results
- Where quartz dust is mostly used
- Did the past really happen?