What causes black mold on concrete
How can you remove the black mold in garages?
Do you have black mold in your garage? Do you also know how to get rid of it if it is there? Stachybotrys chartarum isaMold type, themanoutsideßenandinsideFindcan. Heseesblack-grünoutandcaresfüronemustyodorinthe air. It spreads through the air and can settle down anywhere and grow or multiply.
The spores can produce mycotoxins. Mycotoxins cause serious health problems in humans, pets and plants and can kill people in certain situations. They can worsen asthma and cause other symptoms such as coughing, runny nose, sneezing, and lung infections.
Why black mold grows in your garage
The mold needs moisture and food to survive. Your garage can be the perfect source for both. Its food sources include paper, plasterboard, wood, carpet and insulation. Namely, all of these materials contain cellulose and are porous. Dirt on the concrete floor can also be a source of food.
Garages are usually poorly lit. Leaking pipes in the ceiling can cause a lot of moisture to accumulate here. Leaky roofs or floors can also contribute to this. Moisture can also accumulate on fiberglass wool insulation. However, cellulose insulation is no better either. If your car brings snow into the garage, it can also increase the humidity. Moisture means mold growth. Check out the following article on moisture and mold.
Look for mold on the garage walls, floor, and ceiling
The first step in removing the black mold is to first locate it completely. It can be easily recognized when large areas of the surface are already discolored black.
However, the mold can also hide behind plasterboard walls, wall paper or in cracks in the wall. Wooden pillars that can be seen behind the plasterboard are a good example of pronounced mold growth when they have already turned black.
The mold can also eat its way through carpets and the wooden floor underneath and then nestle in crevices in the floor. If your garage has a concrete floor, mold can build up around puddles.
Warm air can come into contact with cold air. Condensation can then form on the ceiling, allowing the black fungus to grow - this can happen in summer or winter. If your air conditioner is poorly insulated, the fungus can grow in the air ducts on your ceiling.
You can use a mold test kit to measure the amount in your garage.
Don't forget the garage door
Rain and snow can enter through the garage door if it is not properly sealed. In the event of heavy rain or snowfall, the water can collect at the bottom of the garage door. Rain gutters directly above the gate can also lead to this.
Condensation on air ducts or holes can also be a problem. Be careful when cleaning your car in summer. Don't spray water on the garage door or garage walls. Excess water causes increased humidity. This can cause water damage.
Remove black mold in the garage
The term mold removal covers the actual removal and prevention of future mold growth. You need good protective equipment for proper cleaning. Wear overalls, safety glasses, a NIOSH-certified breathing mask, sturdy shoes and a hat.
When the mold is attacked, it quickly releases spores that spread through the air and infect other parts of the house and its walls. In the worst case, you even inhale it. An N95 breathing mask filters 95% of all particles out of the air. N99 and N100 breathing masks do this even better. You need it if you want to remove mold in large areas.
Covering or removing food, furniture, and electronics is important as they can be easily damaged.
You may also need the following: mold removal kit, disinfectant, cleaning spray, a saw, and a nebulizer.
Disinfectants are used to kill, but cannot prevent spores from spreading. This is where cleaning sprays are used, which can trap the fungus to keep it from multiplying. A nebulizer is used for places that are difficult to access, such as cracks in the wall. A saw can cut a hole in a wall if necessary, whether drywall or not.
Removal and prevention of black mold in the garage
When removing, objects that have fungal attack must be removed. Contaminated areas must be contained by covering door openings from floor to ceiling with plastic. HEPA vacuums can filter the air, and air conditioners ensure clean air circulation. The areas should then be dried thoroughly.
In order to avoid the reappearance of the mold, a mold test should show very low values. Check concrete floors for puddles. Water-repellent plasterboard on the wall is also ideal. Manholes in the ceiling should be kept free of dirt.
When should you consult a mold removal expert??
Do you not have the right equipment for the removal process or just need general advice on the removal? Mold removal experts can help you with knowledge and the right equipment. They have the ability to identify mold quickly and to remove it in a really lasting way so that the mold does not come back. They are licensed professionals and will do small and large jobs according to a safety protocol and a thorough cleaning of your house. Call one today and get a free quote.
- Klaus Sedlbauer, Kurt Kießl, 2002: New findings on the assessment of mold and the status of standards processing. Fraunhofer Institute for Building Physics, Holzkirchen; Bauhaus University Weimar.
- Beware of Mold - A guide to moisture problems and mold in living spaces Ed .: Federal Office of Public Health, Bern 2009; (PDF; 2.1 MB).
- Markus Durrer: Microbiological contamination of indoor spaces. (PDF; 330 kB) Indoor climate plus, RKP-DOK30, 2010.
- Annette Schmaltz: Market | Archive mold removal in the bathroom, In: NDR.de, April 12, 2019
- Thomas Fangmeyer, M. Köhler, N. Weis, C. Zorn: S.chimmel on the wall - mosquito or elephant? A guide and guide. Bremen Environmental Institute for the Analysis and Evaluation of Pollutants, Bremen 2009.
- Frank Frössel: Mold in homes. When the mushroom sublet lives. 3rd edition, baulino, Waldshut-Tiengen 2010.
- "Clear molds in sedimentation dust from classes" H.-D. Neumann, M. Buxtrup, A. Sander, K. Klus.
- W. Isenmann, R. Adam, G. Mersson: Signs of moisture in occupied buildings. Causes - consequences - renovation - appraisals - rent reduction. 4th completely revised and significantly expanded edition, Verlag für Wirtschaft und Verwaltung Wingen, Essen 2008.
- Classification of molds into genera and species.
- Working aid dealing with mold in archives (PDF; 789 kB) Accessed on July 13, 2013
- What foods increase seminal fluidity
- Silence is always uncomfortable
- Is a keto diet expensive
- Why does America greet America with the palm down?
- What is the best chemical research company
- Can pregnant women be around cats?
- Is Poco F1 worth buying in 2019
- A good mood reflects good health
- Dogs think we are their god
- How can I get backstage passes?
- What is pixel
- Personal problems affect your career
- How is a percentage of the tax return calculated
- Drugs improve math performance
- What kind of news is the best
- When should you start studying before the exams?
- Why is the water not dry
- What is a foreign exchange transaction
- Who is the first to design computer graphics
- What are communication skills
- What type of life insurance is best
- What are the problems with a baby
- Why is dandruff bad for your hair
- Where does Kobe Bryant stand all this time