Is Android a language
Android: change language - how it works
If the menus and functions on your Android phone are displayed in English, Chinese or another foreign language, the device's language can be changed quickly and easily.
We'll show you how to set the language on the Android device so that you can understand the display texts again.
How to change the language of the mobile phone and the keyboard
The route differs slightly depending on the Android version and smartphone manufacturer, but the process is usually very similar. If you selected the wrong language during setup, received a used device with an incomprehensible default setting, or just want a little linguistic variety in the Android menus, proceed as follows:
- Open the Settings app. You can recognize this by the Gear icon.
- Scroll down to general administration. You can recognize the menu by the controller symbol. There are three bars with a point in different positions. This menu item is called up to Android 8.0 system.
- In the new window you tap on the first entry, language and input.
- Press the top option.
- Select your preferred language from the list. You can add new languages to your Android phone with the plus symbol.
New language packs must be downloaded from the Google Play Store. The mobile phone therefore needs an internet connection for the setting.
If you do not want to change the system language, but only the input language of the keyboard for the autocorrection, you have to proceed differently:
- Open any app with keyboard input, such as WhatsApp or a browser.
- Tap the text field to bring up the keyboard.
- Press the gear on the right.
- The settings will open. Use the entry above to select the language you want for the Android keyboard.
- The change is applied to the device and is therefore not only valid in the selected app.
The Google Assistant also has its own language setting, which you can access directly via the options in the assistant.
No German language on Android?
If your language menu cannot be found on your Android smartphone or if you do not understand the menus, for example because you bought a mobile phone from abroad, open the Settings app. Current Android versions offer a search function for settings. In the search bar, enter "language", The English word for" language ". As a result, you get several setting options for the language on the Android device. Choose the first result here. In the following window you will find the language setting right after the first option.
Note: In this way, you only change the language for all Android menus and functions as well as system apps. Third-party apps such as games do not need to support the selected language. The texts are then displayed in the standard language, usually English.
With our app tips you will become a language professional:
- Is fairness a relevant concept for the economy
- What is an analysis of the value chain in the industry
- How do I make an instrumental
- What is it like to be selfless
- What are the benefits of microbial flora
- Comcast Internet is unreliable
- What is the Russian word for us
- What makes more money finances or economics
- What is the M390 steel folding knife
- How do you find discounts
- How do you invest in ICOs
- Why does Lil Jon always wear sunglasses
- Can any police officer serve a restraining order
- What are some examples of advice proposals
- What is Nordic socialism for the Scandinavians
- How do tips work
- What do people know about Lord Ganesh
- Are you afraid of an operation?
- Is urine sterile
- What is the best natural soap
- Can one be partially enlightened
- How is linen made into fabric
- Why do we need agile coaching
- My Upi Pin
- South Africa had a refugee crisis
- Does Joe Biden have dentures or caps
- How can cochlear implants be improved
- Leos Janacek had a perfect pitch
- How INPUT tax is calculated under GST
- Where can I get Airdrop updates
- What music does the devil hear?
- Is ranch dressing kosher
- Are there brands that are comparable to Goyard