What happened to Cotton Eye Joe
"Cotton Eye Joe" This is what the boys and girls from "Rednex" became
In addition to "Mr. President "or" Dr. Alban ”, the 90s gave birth to another rather crazy Eurodance formation: In 1994 three Swedish producers founded“ Rednex ”, a colorful group of techno cowboys. And she landed a worldwide success with her debut single. For ten weeks, “Cotton Eye Joe” stayed at the top of the German charts.
Our most read articles
The song wasn't all that new, just a cover version of a US country song in which the folk instruments banjo and violin met pumping, synthetic bass beats.
There is nothing left of the original
But soon there was tension between the five band members. Front singer Annika Ljungberg (47) got out after two years and started a solo career. In 2006, however, she returned to "Rednex". In the following years she took part with the group twice in the preliminary rounds of the Eurovision Song Contest, but without success. Management kicked her out again. In 2015 she founded a band that she called "Cotton Eye Joe" - C E J for short.
Patrick Edenberg, one of the founders, only stepped into the limelight for a short time, but quickly retired to the background as a producer. Even today he still writes and arranges songs for “Rednex” and continues to market the hit “Cotton Eye Joe”.
The Violinist Kent Olander and Have Arstrand different turned her back on the public after her exit. In contrast to Jonas Nilsson: The former Banjo player the troupe is still musically active - but in a completely different genre: it is now dedicated to Swedish hardcore punk.
Officially, the band still exists - since they were founded 16 different musicians appeared in different constellations under the name "Rednex". However, none of the formations could build on the success of their world hit "Cotton Eye Joe".
Do you still remember these musicians?
That's what "The Moffatts" do today
Amazing! This is how the Tokio Hotel twins Bill & Tom Kaulitz have changed
This 90s boy band is back!
- How can I get rid of my constant fear
- What's the best shell command
- Who is the best politician in Chhattisgarh
- How do you improve the interpersonal interaction
- How exactly is value created in crypto currency
- What is the meaning of the Prandtl number?
- Are you a startup 1
- Why is depression such a great feeling
- Why did weeds grow with human plants
- What is a money laundering system
- How often are first impressions wrong?
- What's your favorite place in Chennai
- What is your home exercise routine
- What makes you feel destroyed
- What are some famous American political slogans
- What is absurdity in life
- What is the market size for compound semiconductors
- What makes filter coffee so good
- What is a ramp entrance
- How can we create a regular user
- What is your biggest parenting moment
- How is BITS Dubai for an MBA
- What's the best sports science book
- I want to learn JAVA Form Basic
- How is the month-long python course
- Like common stock is a liability
- How do I reinstall Flipnote on DSi
- Is there a Chinese mafia in Bangkok
- Christ's sacrifice is unlimited
- Schedule an operation
- What are you not shaving
- What actually is MIT Media Lab
- When do toddlers start lying?