What could these discolored spots be
Discoloration of the skin: These diseases can be behind it
What can discoloration of the skin mean?
Any change in skin color that does not match your natural skin tone is known as skin discoloration. Discoloration of the skin can be harmless, but it can also be dangerous. Some indicate an illness. Others are purely cosmetic in nature. External influences can also cause skin discoloration, which either occurs briefly or persists permanently.
What types of skin discoloration are there?
The color palette of the skin discoloration ranges from blue to yellow, red, brown and purple. The most common non-hyperpigmentation discolorations of the skin include the following:
Fire Mark: Red to purple color
A congenital, benign skin lesion in which the Blood vessels dilate just below the surface of the skin are. This leads to the red to purple color. Usually the fire mark is already present at birth or develops in early childhood. If this skin discoloration occurs on the face, treatment from a cosmetic point of view may be necessary.
Erythema ab igne - the "red of fire"
The "fiery red" or Buschke heat melanosis is from prolonged exposure to heat on the skin caused. A reticulate reddening of the skin forms, which can also recede. If the heat exposure is permanent or regular, the erythema ab igne turns brown and becomes irreversible. The cause is hot water bottles, but also electric blankets or heated seats, so that this type of skin discoloration often occurs on the spine or the entire back. Discoloration of the skin on the legs is also common - especially if an electric blanket is the cause.
Cold marbling: reticulate skin discoloration
It is practically the opposite of erythema ab igne. The cold marbling shows up as a purple, reticulated skin discoloration. Cause is that Contraction of the blood vessels in extreme cold. The pattern disappears as soon as the skin warms up.
Yellow spots indicate jaundice
This type of skin discoloration is one of the most common. It is triggered by diseases of the bile or liver. The causes can range from gallstones to liver cancer. If the skin turns yellow, you should always consult a doctor.
Cyanosis: blue discoloration of the skin
In the vernacular, it is also known as "blue addiction", because it involves large areas of blue discoloration of the skin. You show that yourself too little oxygen in the blood is located. If the blue color occurs acutely, it can indicate a life-threatening condition - in such cases an emergency doctor must be called immediately. With chronic occurrence, the skin discoloration is usually a symptom of another disease, such as one Heart defect or varicosis (Varicose veins).
Skin changes from breast cancer and radiation therapy
Symptoms of breast cancer are not limited to the palpable lumps. Discoloration of the skin on the breast may also indicate this. This discoloration can be of various types. Women, the one Discoloration of the skin on the chest determine should be clarified by the gynecologist. The treatment of breast cancer, especially radiation therapy, can cause skin discoloration on the breast as a late reaction.
Is discoloration of the skin in the genital area dangerous?
Discoloration of the skin can occur anywhere on the body, including the genital area. For example, a reddish discoloration of the glans can indicate balanitis Inflammation of the glans, suggest. Red, blotchy skin discoloration in the genital area, which is also accompanied by itching, can appear in both men and women Yeast infection or venereal diseases such as gonorrheaindicate. Skin discoloration in the genital area should therefore always be examined by a specialist to be on the safe side.
Unclear skin changes, in: Professional Association of German Dermatologists
Abeck, Dietrich (2020): Frequent skin diseases in general medicine, Berlin: Springer-Verlag
Röcken, Martin et al. (2010): Pocket Atlas Dermatology: Basics, Diagnostics, Clinic, Stuttgart: Thieme Verlag
- What are the essential antioxidants
- What are spot shrimp
- What do you know about Mayanti Langer
- How do I get to grandparents
- How should students behave after the punishment
- How is India's relationship with Russia
- What are Romania's hidden gems
- What are the requirements to join USAA
- What is the key to salvation
- What is the point of emotional depression
- What is collarbone
- How can you avoid false spirituality?
- How do you leave the military early?
- Are Edurekha certificates valid?
- Will YouTube ever delete channels
- What can I do about lazy managers
- A technical drawing is required for the architecture
- How do you counteract the Depo shot?
- India needs baseball
- Have Vedic knowledge of space planets
- How do moral standards affect personal morality?
- What is a bell pistol
- What if cars walked on water?
- What is a canonical text
- What is evidence stress
- How is a percentage of the tax return calculated
- Is whey protein good for a diet
- Is SSC CGL better than IT jobs
- Why is imagination so important
- Which comes first, proofreading or editing
- What are some alternatives to a good magazine
- The ocean is a scarce resource
- When will India become an LGBTQ friendly nation?