What are logs in Python
The loggingModule is part of the Standard Library (STL) pythons.
We start from the simplest, because it gets complicated by itself anyway.
My first resources are python Coobook (3rd edition) page 555, and the logging cookbok at http://docs.python.org/3/howto/logging-cookbook.html.
Not very helpful yet, but that was only the first micrometer on our logging voyage of discovery!
Let's look at another example:
We'll take care of the formatting later. Here it was once important to see that you can actually have it written out in a nice and clear way in a file.
The logle levels are arranged hierarchically, starting with DEBUG and ending with CRITICAL.
If in the basicConfig or in the configfile, for example, WARNING was specified as the loglevel, we achieve that DEBUG and INFO logs are NOT transferred to the logfile, but only from WARNING.
A basicConfig could look like this:
Here we came into contact with the formatting of the log lines - (date-time loglevel - message)
So it's not that difficult at all - you determine where the logfile should be and what the logfile should be called, and then, depending on the urgency, you can have log messages written to this logfile.
In the example script log2.py you can see that in the basicConfig as a log cabinet WARNING was specified - therefore the debug and info messages were NOT included in the log file.
The format string of the log messages is interesting (% s -> string,% r -> repr, i.e. enclosed with single quotes). But you can certainly do that with the format () method. Try it out right away and see whether the lines in the log file are appended to the existing ones or overwritten.> cat bsp / logging / log2.py #! / usr / bin / env python3 '' 'logging.basicConfig and logging.
The two questions were answered - yes, you can use the format () method instead of format strings, and yes, new log lines are appended to existing ones.
With this knowledge we can now use logging in our scripts!
All that comes after that are refinements and even deeper knowledge that one can gradually acquire.
The basicConfig is therefore hardcoded in the script.
If you wanted to change the log barrier, which is set in the basicConfiga (or later in a separate config file), you can do this using:
Until I rework this page, the logging cookbook page listed above should be sufficient - it's good for a lot!
Here it goes to the top of the page and there it goes to the python start page
- What are some simple explanations for autism
- What confuses you most about playing Minecraft?
- Boys are naturally more hyperactive than girls
- How hot does an engine get
- Which banks use digital currencies
- When is the next Minecraft update?
- What are some romantic getaways in Illinois
- Who recently invested in Redbeacon
- What does colloidal
- Are heat and radiation the same
- Should one buy foreclosed houses for sale
- What's your favorite Snow Patrol song
- Is Trump worth winning an award?
- Can I burn fence wood
- What is the theme song from Raising Arizona
- How do you solve this puzzle
- Is someone actually using Spotify Premium
- What countries are importing from Sudan
- Which companies are located in Berlin
- Male squirrels kill their baby
- Which player was Michael Jordan's second violin
- Who is the best faculty in all
- How can we make the best doctor
- Why do you like Star Trek 1