Why did kings like power
Adoration of the Magi Sandro Boticelli, around 1475 - Uffizi
The three kings
We hear about the Three Kings for the first time in the childhood story of Jesus (Mt 2, 1-12): the visit of oriental magicians to the Messiah child. Whether the “wise men” who have come to Jerusalem are Persian priests or Babylonian astrologers (magicians) remains to be seen. Your home is "in the east" and can be Arabia, Mesopotamia, Babylonia and Persia. Judging by the gifts they brought with them, all of which are treasures of Arabia, the wise men would be at home in Arabia. In the adoration of the magicians the messianic promises about the homage of the peoples to the God of Israel are fulfilled.
The threefold “three kings” is probably only deduced from the number of their gifts, gold, frankincense and myrrh. Melchior, Balthasar and Caspar (he is considered to be dark-skinned) have only been mentioned as their names since the 6th century. They are also considered to represent Europe, Asia and Africa. Her bones came from Milan to Cologne in 1164. In 1248 construction began on the Gothic cathedral, consecrated to the three kings, which was not completed until 1880 and which houses the precious reliquary.
Regarding the gifts: The church fathers saw in the gifts a symbol of kingship (gold), deity (incense) and the passion of Jesus (myrrh).
January 6th, Epiphany, is their day, an official holiday in the federal states of Baden-Württemberg, Bavaria and Saxony-Anhalt. In the Orthodox Church, “Epiphany”, as the actual name of the Epiphany is read, is the feast of the Epiphany even before Easter in the church calendar.
Carol singers in our city of Neubrandenburg
Sending out the carol singers Photo: Archive
Carol singers project 2020: Growing up in peace in Lebanon and around the world
In Neubrandenburg, too, girls and boys are sent out to worship around Epiphany. Divided into groups, the carol singers bless many houses and charitable and diaconal institutions (old people's homes, kindergartens, handicapped housing complexes, clinics ...) in non-CORONA times. The collections often amount to 6,500 euros (2021: despite CORONA 6,275.34 euros), with which disadvantaged children all over the world are supported. Nationwide, over 330,000 carol singers take part in the carol singers campaign. It is the world's largest solidarity campaign in which children get involved with children in need.
During non-CORONA times, three-king singers will perform on the afternoon of January 6th, pupils of the St. Marien Protestant School, who are responsible for handing over a check with the proceeds of the BENEFIT EVENING slipped into the roles of kings. This proceeds will be used for charitable purposes of the association. In addition, the three-king singers appear and the carol singers on the benefit evening.
Would you like to find out more or “everything” that has to do with the Three Wise Men?
Browse through www.heilige-dreikoenige.de.
You can find the latest at www.sternsinger.org.
Last update of this page on by Rudolf Klemke on March 26th, 2019
- What causes black sheep in families
- What products does Covidien manufacture
- What are some strange things about Iran
- What is the input tax
- Why is the human brain two complicated
- Is Quora overwhelmed
- What are the Worst Symptoms of Alzheimer's
- How to calculate z-scores
- What projects are taking place in Thessaloniki
- What is chord tone soloing
- How do you improve the interpersonal interaction
- What are some parasitic infections
- What are simple fluids
- What is the GATE curriculum
- What is the future tense applied for
- Why do cats nibble on their litter
- How do you statistically compare percentages
- Is Coca Cola a blue chip inventory
- How Do You Overcome an Adderall Addiction
- What's the best Chromebook for gaming
- How can a producer maximize profit
- What does it mean when memory is running out
- Bitcoin will rise to 1 million by 2027
- The Apple credit card will have international fees