How popular is ballet in Japan
New Tokyo National Theater Announces 2019/2020 Schedule for Opera, Ballet, and Dance
19.02.2019 – 09:26
New National Theater, Tokyo
TOKYO, Jan. 23 / PRNewswire /
The New National Theater Tokyo (https://www.nntt.jac.go.jp/english/), Japan's premier opera house, is pleased to announce the program for the 2019/2020 opera season under the direction of Artistic Director Kazushi Ono.
Among the 10 operas that will be performed between October 2019 and June 2020, four new productions are particularly noteworthy, three of which are intended to expand the repertoire in the field of Russian opera as well as Belcanto and Baroque opera. On the one hand there is Tchaikovsky's "EUGEN ONEGIN" (conducted by Andriy Yurkevych / conducted by Dmitry Bertman / October 2019), followed by Donizetti's "DON PASQUALE" (conducted by Corrado Rovaris / conducted by Stefano Vizioli / with Danielle de Niese / November 2019) and Handel's "GIULIO CESARE" (conducted by Rinaldo Alessandrini / conducted by Laurent Pelly / April 2020).
The fourth opera is a large-scale new production of Wagner's "DIE MEISTERSINGER VON NÜRNBERG" (conducted by Kazushi Ono / under the direction of Jens-Daniel Herzog / June 2020), a coproduction with the Salzburg Easter Festival, the Semperoper and the Tokyo Bunka Kaikan. The production will be part of the "Summer Festival Opera 2019-20 Japan --Tokyo - World", an opera project conceived by Ono as an opera 'Made-in-Japan' with the participation of people from all over the world.
In August 2020, when the entire world public will turn to Japan, there will be a special new production of the 'Children's Opera', in which many children will interact on stage with an artificial intelligence-enabled robot and exchange ideas about the future of Japan while a singing robot fits harmoniously into the voices of the singers and moves to the sounds of the orchestra.
The New National Theater Tokyo Opera House is also home to the National Ballet of Japan. For the coming season, there are six productions on the program under the artistic direction of Noriko Ohara, including five full-length narrative ballets. Since 2019/2020 will be the farewell season for Ohara, who has dedicated themselves to this ballet since its inception over the last 20 years, the upcoming line-up will summarize the best works of this ballet company to date.Video: Opera season 2019/2020: https://youtu.be/l6iUbmIoZi8 National Ballet of Japan: https://youtu.be/qpOcV3fcjPM The full program can be found at the following URLs: Opera: https://kyodonewsprwire.jp/prwfile/ release / M104851 / 201902133142 / _prw_PA2fl_U6D7sKYp.pdf
Ballet & Dance: https://kyodonewsprwire.jp/prwfile/release/M104851/201902133142/_prw_PA1fl_aBpbNn9T.pdf
Official website: https://www.nntt.jac.go.jp/english/
Press & International Affairs Office
New Tokyo National Theater
Tel: + 81-3-5352-5781
Email: [email protected]
Original content by: New National Theater, Tokyo, transmitted by news aktuell
- What happened to Cotton Eye Joe
- Who is the best athlete of 2019
- What is semiconductor equipment
- What is the value of 81 factorials
- Masturbation can cause Peyronie's disease
- Where can I find dramatic monologues
- Why is there a limited company
- I miss a letter
- All animals excrete feces
- What is the best fishing boat
- How can I complain about the land register
- Has James Potter really changed
- What is paraesthesia a sign of
- What are the different singing birds
- Jio broadband and plans
- How was astronomy invented
- Is moto g4 plus VR capable
- What is the resolution of fMRI
- If the problem persists, what can I do?
- How are property prices in Vadodara
- Cats have a theory of the mind
- How are destructors defined in Java
- How did you contribute to ecological sustainability
- How did Truecaller access my data