How can you keep your stomach clean?
Does dirt clean the stomach?
You have probably heard this saying before - it is especially popular among grandmothers: "Dirt cleanses the stomach!" But is that also true? And does the stomach need to be cleaned at all? Whenever you swallow, what you swallow ends up in your stomach. There is stomach acid in it. As the name suggests, it is a very corrosive liquid. And that dissolved everything that went into the stomach to a pulp. If you swallow dirt, pathogens such as bacteria, fungi or parasites often get into the stomach. Most of it destroys stomach acid. And the few that get through are taken care of by the human immune system. So dirt doesn't clean the stomach - stomach acid does that.
But even so, a little dirt can't hurt. It is important for the body to experience pathogens in order to keep its immune system in good working order. When our immune system gets bored, it can start to attack harmless things. Bee pollen, for example. Then your nose is runny or itchy. This is called allergy: having symptoms of illness without being sick.
Perhaps the saying “dirt cleans the stomach” also refers to something that could be mistaken for dirt, but which is not dirt at all. For example, healing earth. You can actually eat them. Scientists do not yet agree on the effect. Some say that healing earth gives the body important minerals. Others say the opposite: healing earth removes minerals from the body. But it also removes toxins from it, which should be healthy again.
So earth is not always dirt and dirt does not necessarily have to make you sick. Still, you shouldn't eat it - and certainly not to cleanse your stomach. The stomach acid does that all by itself.
- I am completely depressed. What should I do
- How did Daisy Ridley treat her PCOS
- What influenced the Indian economy the most
- Is there OpenCV for C.
- What can a book not teach you
- Can you decipher the vegetable name PIRNUT
- How is acetone made
- What is serum electrolyte
- Can the earth trigger a vacuum disintegration?
- Marriage counseling can be ordered by a court
- Is raw protein healthy?
- What would dog owners want if they knew?
- Is Alibaba a dropshipper
- Is LG G4 a good smartphone
- Why do we need agile coaching
- What are smart people avoiding
- What is the code of aleppo syria
- What's bleeding in the car
- Is considered dishonest as a lie
- Will replace AI data science
- Why is goddess Kali called Yogayukta
- What is GridFS in MongoDB
- When should I learn Twitter Bootstrap
- How can HR employ digital marketing consultants
- What makes soap slippery
- Why isn't my paneer soft
- Why aren't throwing knives heavy on blades?
- What is something that is really loud
- What is pure land Buddhism
- Is alcohol an antidepressant
- How crazy are your laws
- What is the 72 hour rule
- What is a homozygous recessive genotype