Why is depression such a great feeling
What is Depression
Despondency and sad mood are the two often outstanding characteristics of the depressionthat everyone knows. The extent of these feelings is, unlike, for example, grief in healthy people, in no appropriate relation to the occasion. The feelings of the person concerned are numb, comforting encouragement does not reach the patient. A feeling of inner emptiness arises, necessary decisions are no longer made and the drive succumbs. Often there are also problems with appetite and sleep with brooding and circles of thought. A disturbance of the nerve metabolism has been recognized as the cause of the disease. There is a lack of signaling substances or recipient cells in the brain.
depression is a disease with many faces and is therefore often not easy to recognize. Symptoms such as dizziness, sensory disturbances or pain can also be symptoms depression be and are often misunderstood.
The greatest danger of the disease is suicide. The sick often suffer from such great shame and feelings of guilt that they only see a way out in suicide.
What does the doctor?
The focus is on the conversation between the patient and the doctor, in which the complaints are described. With a neurological examination and diagnostic equipment such as electroencephalography, physical causes of the symptoms are excluded. Through specific questions, the doctor arranges the type and severity of the depression a. It is often useful to determine the type of psychology with the help of test psychology depression further narrow down. The doctor now selects the most favorable form of treatment, if necessary the most suitable drug in each case, and discusses how to proceed with the patient.
What are the treatment options?
Less pronounced complaints can be treated with light, movement, music and art therapy. The body's own production of signal substances is stimulated and a slight deficiency is compensated for. Internal, possibly unconscious conflicts are dealt with by means of psychotherapy, sometimes over many months.
With moderate and severe depressions is the administration of drugs, the so-called antidepressants, the mainstay of the therapy. The modern, well-tolerated drugs ensure that sufficient signal substances are available in the brain again. The fear that antidepressants would only calm the patient as a "chemical club" is wrong, since on the contrary the depressed mood is specifically treated. In contrast to many sleeping pills and sedatives, antidepressants do not pose a risk of addiction or dependence Regular use for 3-4 weeks, as the full effect only takes place after this time. Once a stable state has been reached, the therapy is usually continued for 6 months and then stopped again.
What are alarm signals?
Do you feel sad, depressed, and hopeless almost all of the time?
Have you lost almost any interest in almost anything?
Do you no longer find joy in things that you used to enjoy?
Do you no longer like food and drinks as they used to?
Do you suffer from difficulty falling asleep and staying asleep or waking up early?
Do you feel slower than you used to?
Do you feel restless inside?
Has your sexual desire decreased?
Are you feeling less self-confident or blaming yourself?
Do you have difficulty concentrating or making decisions?
Do you think about death often or about killing yourself?
If you had to answer "yes" to four or more of the above questions, you probably have one depression and should consult a doctor for further clarification.
- What makes Monero XMR a special crypto currency
- Repair therapy should be banned nationally
- Carbonated water is good to drink daily
- What is hydrogen bond in water
- How can I remove it 1
- How long have you hesitated to exercise
- Was the original Star Trek the best
- Will support Android Oreo glibc
- How can cloud computing benefit a company?
- Why was Israel given the second law?
- What does history stand for?
- How can I buy Litecoin in Turkey
- How popular is ballet in Japan
- Who was before the Aztecs
- Why Do Some States Sell CBD Oil
- Blood magic was a real thing
- What does Islam say about bestiality
- Where is the Bogoria lake
- What are surface coils in the MRI
- How do I answer iPhone without swiping
- Body fat can affect mental health
- Has Jim Morrison lived with undiagnosed autism
- How we should influence politicians
- What is teething
- What do Marlboro points get
- What makes me vomit orange bile
- What are the best newspapers in Italy
- How can I spend my business
- Does an IEP affect college acceptance
- How do you see MS Dhoni
- China fears the Indian military
- How is mechanical energy converted into sound?
- What is the value of sin150
- Which Crossfit goals have you achieved?