Why has biometric security become more prevalent
Biometric Authentication - How Will They Help Us In The Automotive Industry?
Biometric authentication processes promise more security than number combinations, PINs or passwords. On the basis of biological characteristics, we will be able to unequivocally protect our personal data, start cars or prove our identity in future. Computers will be able to decipher the characteristics clearly and reliably. What are the advantages of biometric authentication for the automotive industry and what are the risks of the new technology?
What does biometry mean
Using biological characteristics such as fingerprint, eye iris or voice, users can already be identified today. A scanner reads the biological characteristics and converts them into digital information so that a computer can decipher and verify them. Biometrics is the digital evaluation of biometric features for the unique identification of a person.
What does this have to do with vehicles?
Biometric authentication is already being used in various places. At the airport or to unlock smartphones and computers. Every premium smartphone now has a fingerprint sensor that enables the phone to be unlocked using the fingerprint. But where is the process of biometric authentication still used?
Vehicle starts by fingerprint
A few years ago the film industry used it as a perfect science fiction scenario to use fingerprints and facial scans to open doors behind which secret meetings took place. The application is less spectacular, but extremely useful and obvious. In the connected car, for example, biometric authentication is playing an ever-increasing role. Cars can be started using an iris scanner and the car sharing vehicle can be rented using a fingerprint scan. Biometric authentication replaces the key at this point. This can be useful in everyday life as there is no longer any need to take or hand over a physical key. The processes will play a major role, above all, for artificial intelligence, such as those from Amazon, Apple or Mercedes. For example, because they only react to an individual voice or can only be operated by selected users. At the moment, most voice recognition systems that are sold on the mass market are working quite well, but they do not yet recognize who is speaking. This fact is a significant security flaw. Only with a biometric authentication process can the potential of digital assistants be properly used.
Convenient procedure but sensitive in terms of data protection
At the moment, the procedure is above all convenient. In terms of cyber security, however, it is not yet recommended for security-critical applications. Biometric data are personal data. The collection and storage must therefore comply with the strict data protection guidelines.
Conclusion: the technology has to mature
"The technology will prevail above all if it can prove itself through better security than the known processes currently offer", commented Dr. Michael Müller, managing director of magility GmbH, the biometric authentication. Until then we will still be working with PINs, passwords and keys. But that is only a matter of time. Companies such as VocalZoom will soon change that. VocalZoom's HMC sensors enable the use of voice as an authentication factor for a growing range of personalized online and mobile financial, healthcare, home automation and other secure cloud-based services.
- What makes Litecoin unique
- Seattle is a world class city
- What is the information of the generic
- What is the best online budgeting tool
- Should homeschooling be banned in your country
- What if Svalbard were to gain independence from Norway?
- What modern pastime is destroying American culture
- Did anyone worship Apep in ancient Egypt?
- Are the straps safe to wear?
- How can I get traffic today
- How are product presentation videos created
- How fast can you sell an apartment
- How is a monologue used in the theater
- Should coin phones come back
- Which fruit girls can eat and carry
- How does dyeing damage your hair?
- Do you believe in tomorrow
- Which property should I invest in?
- Which brand of car is the cheapest
- Are there Walmarts in Canada
- What's the name of the people from Wisconsin
- How many hours are 300 km
- What is AirPods wireless charging
- Massaging your scalp promotes hair growth
- Is the Trebuchet the superior siege weapon
- Will artificial intelligence dominate human intelligence?
- How do I romanticize my girlfriend
- How many films has Pixar made
- What is the best tasting chicken
- Can you dye a sheep's wool
- How should internet companies be taxed
- Who sang the song Stay 2013
- Who is Nigeria's best singer