Benefits of Embedded Programming in c
C ++ metaprogramming with templates for embedded systems
Close to hardware usually means programming specifically for the hardware. Modern C ++, on the other hand, offers more portability with consistently lean binaries.
- In the very hardware-oriented programming of embedded systems, portability is mostly wishful thinking.
- With its variadic recursive templates, C ++ metaprogramming offers a way out of the tight hardware link.
- It is also important to overcome the incompatibilities between the C code parts, for example for handling interrupts, and the C ++ template classes.
- Despite the increased complexity, the advantages of portability, clarity and maintainability predominate.
Source code that is to be translated on different architectures must be easily portable. However, this is often difficult to achieve in the world of embedded systems. Embedded programming quickly tempts developers to soften the boundaries of clear structuring and to write hardware-specific code, because they are thought to be deep in the hardware level. This complicates or prevents future porting. Modern C ++ offers a way out, which forces developers - when implementing a good basic model - to adhere to clear boundaries and thereby guarantee portability.
With the use of C ++ instead of C and the creation of additional levels of abstraction, the question of possible additional memory requirements and the effect on performance arises. The article shows that with metaprogramming using C ++ templates this fear is unfounded.
- What is automatic duplex printing
- Who are the most influential music editors
- What religious event occurs after Easter?
- Which is the best Ayurveda or Allopathy
- Boys are naturally more hyperactive than girls
- Why did Shiva get angry
- Who was your most memorable dance partner
- How do you say the same in Chinese
- Is a chocolate restaurant project profitable
- Why does my spine hurt?
- What is the square root of 7921
- What are some findings from Taboola publishers
- Lay beetle eggs
- Which cells undergo meiosis and why
- Are oven-baked fries unhealthy?
- Which are the best Indian fiction books
- What are application of germanium diode
- How do I cook potato rice
- What are the most beautiful animals
- Is Sanskrit a designed language
- What is the science behind qigong
- What is real happiness
- Why is Kylie Jenner so hot
- When did Depeche Mode make it big?