How can we control water pollution
Water pollution: This is how our drinking water gets contaminated
Water Pollution - What Are the Main Factors?
Water pollution has always been a big issue because it concerns us all. Life on earth cannot exist without water, so we all depend on it. But this elixir of life can also harm us: if it causes health problems due to water pollution.
The causes of water pollution can be found worldwide. In Germany we are not fortunate that our groundwater is not polluted - we owe our clean drinking water above all to the ultra-modern treatment measures. Many other countries do not have these options and therefore suffer even more from water pollution.
The main causes of water pollution are many
Industry, agriculture and, last but not least, households themselves play their part in making water pollution a more or less omnipresent problem.
Industry is blamed for a lion's share of water pollution worldwide. Production by-products that enter the water cycle through discharge into surface waters cause immense damage. This not only affects our groundwater, but also the flora and fauna. Incorrect disposal of toxic substances causes them to end up in our groundwater. Since a large part of the drinking water in Germany is obtained from groundwater, this disposal of toxins constantly presents the waterworks with new challenges. But our ecosystem is also continuously polluted with new water pollution due to industrial accidents.
Water pollution from overfertilization
Over-fertilization, in particular, is a problem that causes long-term water pollution and damages the ecosystem. Fertilizing the fields with animal manure seriously affects the waterways, but artificial fertilizers as well as insecticides and weed killers have drastic effects on groundwater and surface water.
Private households: an underestimated factor in water pollution
The improper disposal of toxins is an underestimated factor that contributes to water pollution. Thinners, dyes or medication - many people do not know how to properly dispose of these things. They are carelessly disposed of in the household waste, which pollutes the water via detours. However, disposal via the sewage system, for example flushing medicines down the toilet, leads to water pollution, so that the sewage has to be treated intensively. You can use a medicinal water test to check whether your tap water is contaminated with drug residues.
Sewage treatment plants are overwhelmed
Another problem: water pollution due to insufficient capacity of the sewage treatment plants. Sewage treatment plants are often overloaded during heavy rains. As a result, the wastewater that cannot be treated ends up in nature uncleaned. Also, runoff water from streets, which is often polluted with oil, is channeled directly into rivers and streams in some communities.
Last but not least, even rainwater is polluted. Toxins from exhaust gases get into the air and are partially washed out by the water and get into the earth via the rain.
Water pollution is therefore not a problem that only occurs occasionally. Well operators in particular, whose drinking water is not controlled and treated by the waterworks, should therefore pay close attention to the quality of their water. A corresponding well water test is carried out quickly and provides information about possible water pollution.
- Why was George Bush elected President?
- How do I survive law school
- What makes an organ donor a match
- How to develop software
- Where would we be without science?
- How to write pounds in Chinese
- Who has the most confirmed kills of all time
- Where can I sell my domain
- Why is spiritual warfare painful
- When is a fish really organic?
- What version of Minecraft do I have
- Why do you like the fashion brand Prada
- Is fear the reason for theism?
- How does Olymp Trade 1
- Why do people collect hot bikes
- What makes people adaptable
- How do you diagnose an MTHFR gene mutation
- What are the most common Bhutanese surnames
- What is the full form of LRDD
- Is abortion a political problem in Israel
- Is the stock market in an upward trend
- Which verbs match a gerund
- Why is Stack Exchange 2014 05 16 not available
- Dribbble is only for UI designers
- What does a private military company do
- Who was Babar's grandfather
- Why is it so difficult to write proofs
- What is the best Ethereum exchange
- Has Google's quantum computer achieved quantum supremacy?
- How am I supposed to improve my taste in fashion?
- What is a CNG car
- People brag about being Quorans
- Are there atoms that are not elements
- How popular is Buddhism in the West