Smart people are averse to risk
The history of invention is full of beautiful mistakes. Something does not serve the original purpose? That is not to say that the unexpected result cannot lead to something ingenious. From penicillin to X-rays - they are all by-products of experiments that actually had something else in mind.
Furthermore, many admired people have experiences of failure: what would have escaped mankind if Pablo Picasso had been impressed by the biting criticism of his contemporaries ... or Elvis Presley that he was fired after his first appearance ... or Steven Spielberg that he was flew out of film school ... if Joanne K. Rowling had given up after her manuscript Harry Potter has been rejected twelve times. This not only affects artists, but also entrepreneurs. 25 years ago Apple released the Newton, a clunky pocket computer called a Personal Digital Assistant (PDA). The device has been ridiculed by critics and customers. Looking back, it turns out that the supposed failure was the forerunner of the smartphone and tablet revolution. The magazine Wired posthumously praised the Newton PDA as a "prophetic failure".
Failure does not make a failure, on the contrary. Many now successful entrepreneurs got into their positions with stand-up qualities. Max Levchin, for example, messed up four companies before his first success with PayPal. His business partner at the payment service, Elon Musk, then focused on electric drives and space travel. With burning car batteries and exploding missiles, he experiences crushing defeats. But he tirelessly comes up with new ideas.
Lütke regrets that the entrepreneur itself has a bad image in Germany. If he wants to enjoy prestige, he has to be successful. "If it isn't, then Schadenfreude follows," says Lütke. In this country, giving processes time and allowing unsuccessful attempts is not widespread. In science it is different, says Lütke. “In every chemistry laboratory, attempts are made without end before the desired result is achieved. In sport, nobody sets a world record at the first attempt. Sometimes it just takes a bit in business to find the solution. "
- Is Yoda really that wise
- What is the biggest mall in Chennai
- Is mechatronics good at Hindustan University
- How does iHeartRadio make money
- IJP works fine
- How can I express 2 3 5
- What songs did Freddie Mercury write
- How long will human influence last?
- Why is the old law so hateful
- Is Maryland a beautiful place to live
- Buses stop in Gramphoo
- Columbus crew was guilty
- Could China successfully invade Mexico without interference
- What is a foreign exchange transaction
- Why are certain animals expensive?
- Which keto food is high in fiber
- Where can I get Airdrop updates
- Where do butterflies live
- Girls can approach boys
- What is the full form of SDO
- What is hate watching 1
- Compassion without action is enough
- What languages are spoken in Kashmir
- What are some fun but informative screenshots