How fast is the AI advancing
An AI needs these requirements
Since large data sets provide the basis for AI, a high-performance infrastructure is a prerequisite for well-functioning AI applications. Sufficient new knowledge can only be gained from a large amount of data. The central issue here: data protection for those affected, so that an AI can learn from the data, but no third party is able to access it.
The benefits of AI
Whether for the right choice of therapy, early diagnosis or prevention - the use of artificial intelligence in the health system can bring many advantages. For example, AI make a significant contribution to cost savings. According to a study by PwC, AI technologies can cut European healthcare spending by hundreds of billions.
AI also brings the patient more to the fore, as AI can find tailor-made therapy options for many types of illness. In addition, the patient can decide together with the doctor about possible therapies that the AI makes available for selection.
This is how hospitals use AI
Artificial intelligences learn from large data sets in order to identify diseases more quickly. For this purpose, AI programs analyze medical data extremely reliably. For example, they can be used for early detection of the following diseases:
- Obesity: Health data on 2-year-olds show how high their risk of obesity is. In this way, doctors and parents can react early and appropriately.
- Dementia: early detection thanks to AI can also be used for dementia. The accuracy is between 82 - 90%.
- Breast cancer: an AI does not only detect breast cancer at an early stage. It can also predict how a patient will react to chemotherapy and suggest appropriate therapy.
Robots in care institutions
AI can be used in care in the form of care robots. The care robots understand and speak different languages and can remember faces. One example is the Paro care seal, which is being tested at around 40 care facilities in Germany. The robot looks like a cuddly toy and built-in sensors should make it look like a baby seal.
The Paro care robot is tested in care facilities.
The care seal is used so that people in need of care have a higher quality of life and it is also intended to make the work of caregivers easier. Robotics supports physical and cognitive skills as well as rehabilitative measures. Paro recognizes behavioral patterns, interprets them and changes their behavior towards the patient. With the help of AI, she learns: How do people behave, how do they tell stories and how do they interact? Paro learns all of this with collected data.
The challenge of such care robots lies in ethics: Who is in charge of the data collected? And what rights does the person dependent on care have? These questions should first be addressed for a successful use of care robots.
AI support caregivers in their day-to-day work
AI-supported voice recognition supports nurses in daily tasks such as documenting a patient's state of health. This saves you time that you can invest in the actual maintenance. When using AI in care institutions, the interaction between AI and carer is extremely important. If a demented person z. For example, if you suddenly want to go shopping in the middle of the night, a care robot speaks to the person directly and also informs the staff.
Robots and AI are not direct solutions to problems in care facilities, but they can make everyday life easier. However, interpersonal interaction is not waived. It is known to be an important factor in care.
Whitepaper: “Mobile Visite” Hospital rounds via app
With our "Mobile Visite" app, we support you in developing the optimal solution specifically for your hospital in order to counteract existing bottlenecks.
Whitepaper: “Mobile Visite” Hospital rounds via app
AI evaluates data from health apps
AI can not only be used in hospitals or care institutions: patients also benefit from the technology in the form of health apps. Since doctors will be able to prescribe health apps for their patients from the 3rd quarter of 2020, these are being used by more and more patients and are therefore an important topic in the digital health system.
Diabetes patients, for example, document their plasma glucose values in an app and an integrated AI evaluates them. This enables them to create a healthier everyday life and to define symptoms as such more quickly.
The digitization of the German health system is advancing with the help of AI technologies. Artificial intelligences make a significant contribution to providing us with better care in the future. Lowering costs and optimizing performance are just two advantages. Patients also come to the fore and diseases can be detected more quickly.
Have you had any experience with AI? Then feel free to share these with me in the comments. Contact me if you have any questions.
My name is Marcel Seer and I am an enthusiastic online marketing manager at mindsquare. Like my colleagues, I have turned my hobby into a job.
- Which of these universities should I choose?
- What are walk-in closets
- What illness makes you tired
- Which is the strongest bike cc
- What are the main Greek gods
- Who made people in the DC Extended Universe
- Who is Eminem from South Korea
- Who was the first female assassin in history
- Does the light ever die
- What are liver fibrosis biomarkers
- What are some famous American political slogans
- What are some functions of the tibia
- What is sensor technology in the IoT
- Why are you playing the Dream11 game
- Dogs think we are their god
- Are more creative people who seek solitude
- Why is tin an element 1
- How many CAT attempts are allowed
- What causes a toilet to keep running
- Will Elon Musk ever go broke?
- How do I deal sensibly with a debate?
- Is electrical energy EET
- How does Quora prevent plagiarism
- What math is required to understand investing